Dr Mike Davidson (IFTCC chairman) introduces the work of the IFTCC.
The International Federation for Therapeutic and Counselling Choice (IFTCC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation that exists to support dedicated providers of services to individuals seeking change of their unwanted relational and sexual behaviours, attractions and patterns. It works to preserve the rights of clients to access such services, and of providers to offer services. It advocates for scientific integrity and research objectivity. Its anthropological approach is based on a Judeo-Christian understanding of the body, marriage and the family. It aspires to being guided by professional standards of association and practice, with transparent accountability. Those supporting the IFTCC include both professional and pastoral-care practitioners, educators, and legal and community leaders from around the world concerned with the promotion of sexual health.
Objects of Association
- The promotion of the rights and freedoms for individuals to seek, to offer, and to research professional psychotherapeutic, clinical, counselling and/or pastoral support to achieve client-centered goals of reducing, managing, or where possible, overcoming unwanted relational and sexual behaviours, feelings and attractions;
- The dissemination of accurate scientific and research information relevant to the field of practice, reflecting shared and transparent ethical premises and standards;
- Development of an international, self-regulating educative forum, offering professional and collegial support to those providing care to individuals with unwanted relational or sexual practices and attractions:
- The provision of continuing professional development (CPD) and basic information for those offering interventions or support to individuals with unwanted relational or sexual behaviours and attractions;
- Encouragement of accountable practices and research initiatives, utilizing recognized standards of accuracy, duty and care among practitioners and providers;
- Enhancement of understanding via cross- and inter-cultural competencies, and research initiatives that respect proven family-centered values.
Download the information in pdf formatDownload
X-Out-Loud: Emerging Ex-LGBT Voices
Buy the book featuring 44 unique stories from 22 countries of men and women leaving LGBT identities. This collection of testimonies proves that change becomes possible when we encounter the risen Saviour.BUY NOW
The UK Heroes film
“The UK Heroes” is a unique collection of seven life stories of men and women leaving LGBT in the UK: Simon, Kiran, Sam, Libby, Christian, Tia, Rob. Their life experience and worldview challenges the status quo and the mainstream narrative on human sexuality and development. These individuals have their own personal goals and dreams in life. Leaving LGBT meant that they can be one step closer to realising their vision for life.View Now
“The UK Heroes” – Leaving LGBT, Challenging Censorship & Discrimination
Support people coming out of unwanted feelings and behaviours